Sunday, February 13, 2005

Kid's Camp

Kid's camp was interesting!! With kids things always are....
The theme was Champions for Christ, and we had a contest to see what team could win. My team came in last place, but that is OK cuz we had a lot of fun and learned a lot!!
I taught one group of the kids in the morning session, I was a counselor's helper, worked in the kitchen, helped out lifeguarding, and was able to do other bits and pieces of things. It was a lot of fun, and the classes were always interesting with the little kids. We spoke about four differents things that happened in the life of Apostle Paul.
One day I asked the different tables to answer some questions among themselves and then share the answers with me afterwards. I asked one table to tell me some times when it is difficult to tell others about Christ. These are the answers that they came up with.... (Keep in mind these kids were from the ages of 5 to 8) When it is raining fire, when there is lightning, tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and when the people don't want to listen. I suppose they were right with their answers, just not what I expected to hear!!
I really enjoyed this past week, and had a lot of fun with the kids. I had some other really funny comments from kids (really light-colored armhair down here is a little unusual, I guess), and I learned some things in my life that personally encouraged me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home