Wednesday, April 27, 2005

This may be my last....

We have been having a lot of "this may be my last time..." or "this is my last time..." moments here lately as the time as running fast and we are nearing the end of our year here. It is going to be hard to return, yet there are also a lot of things to look forward to. I am going to miss my life here and the people a lot. They have made a big impact in my heart and life, and God used them greatly to encourage me this year. Instead of thinking, "How sad, this is my last time to..." I can think, "I am going to enjoy every minute of this because this is my last time to..."
We only have several days left and we are trying to get things all finished up and the papers done and the lessons taught, but I am trying to do everything the best that I can and not get into a coast mode and just be thinking about coming back. It has been an interesting last couple of weeks, with a lot of tears for different reasons, but God is teaching me a lot. Yesterday was a really hard day, but amazing at the same time, because God showed me just a little more of how the Peruvian culture is. I would have to say that I commited the biggest cultural mistake that I have the whole time that I was down here, but after prayers and many tears it was resolved. I count it as a blessing and a learning experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home